Friday, June 3, 2011

The Mice of Bistrot des Sept Frères - Review

Goodreads Summary:

Every day, Chef Marcel and his sons recite the recipe for the famous cheese soup of the Bistrot des Sept Freres--the trendiest mouse cafe in all of Paris. But when a culinary judge is due to arrive and Chef Marcel has run out of his secret ingredient, it is Petite Michelle who saves the day. This adorable story and whimsical illustrations of Marie LeTourneau will delight children, while providing une petite lecon on the language and culture of France.


What did I think?

Well, I thought it was cute! I thought the illustrations were beautifully done, I thought the character introductions were well presented, and I loved the French pronunciation guide for the French words in the story. I am a huge Francophile, so I was so excited to read this book, which I read through netGalley. And I think illustrations of mice are super cute too. I can easily see this book being checked out over and over in our school library. Very whimsical, very endearing, reminded me somewhat of Ratatouille.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.