Sunday, January 1, 2012

Its Monday, What are you Reading?


It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly blog meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you list the books you read last week and the ones you hope to read this week.


December was not a good reading month for me.  I didn't have time to take a breath with all the preparations for the holiday, and I didn't get much reading in at all.  I am beginning again this month with a few good books.  I also plan to take part in the Where are you Reading Challenge (if I can figure it out), and the Bookie Friends Favorites Challenge this year.

Currently Reading:



The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood:  I love Margaret Atwood, and what I have read of this book has me hooked!

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare:  I loved the first in this series, and I am looking forward to this book.  Although I find the two books I am reading to be interesting together..very different worlds.

12 comments:

  1. The Handmaid's Tale is one of my favourites - love Margaret Atwood. And I love the cover for Clockwork Prince. Check out my Monday here

    http://www.kyliesreads.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Clockwork Prince has been on my wishlist since forever. I hope you enjoy it!


    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handmaid's Tale is one of those haunting books that never reaally leaves your mind.

    I did Where are you Reading in 2011. It was a lot of fun. The map is a bit confusing at first but once you get the hang of it it isn't hard to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I have Clockwork Prince on my list too! I can't wait to read your review!

    http://mustreadfaster.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-are-you-reading-monday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Handmaid's Tale, which I read years ago...and then reread recently.

    Have a great week!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2012! I've heard so many good things about Handmaid's Tale. I will get to it someday! I'm very interested in Cassandra Clare but I haven't gotten to her yet either. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret Atwood is coming here to Houston in a few weeks. Handmaid's Tale is wonderful. I'd honestly say that everything she writes is wonderful.

    Here is my It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you about December not being as good of a reading month. Too much going on! Hopefully we'll all be able to get right back on it.

    My mom had The Handmaid's Tale in our bookcase for as long as I can remember, but I never picked it up. Maybe I should have! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Handmaid's Tale is supposed to be really good. I've never read a title by her, but my friends love her! :) Enjoy!!

    Happy 2012!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to read Atwood... I know I know... I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Handmaids Tale has been in my TBR for so long I really need to read it.

    Here's mine

    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just read another of Atwood's books, but didn't love it as much as Handmaid's Tale. I think that is my favorite of hers so far.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.