Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Kick Ass Heroines



Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Kick Ass Heroines
Brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish

I had so much fun choosing my top ten kick ass heroines! What a great idea for a list!

                
       

1.  Katniss Everdeen - The Hunger Games : A survivor who is quick on her feet and in her thinking, and deadly with a crossbow                                      
2. Lisbeth Salander - The Millennium Series: Small but mighty 
3. Hermione Granger - Harry Potter: Smart. loyal, brave and a fighter who doesn't give up
4.  Tiger Lily  - Tiger Lily: Quick, decisive, suddenly violent
5. Rachel Morgan- The Hollows Books: Determined, willing to go the distance
6.  MacKayla Lane - The Fever Series, Karen Marie Moning: She won't stop even when her back is up against a wall
7.  Arya - Game of Thrones: Nimble, quick, intelligent
8. Evangeline O'Neil - The Diviners: When the chips are down, and so are all her friends, she can finish what they all started 
9. Scarlett O'Hara - Gone with the Wind: Another survivor willing to do what is necessary, never gives up, knows tomorrow is a new day to fight again

 I also asked my husband to name a few kick ass heroines as well. His top three are:

1.  Y.T. from Snow Crash
2.  Molly from Neuromancer
3.  Valentine from Ender's Game  






5 comments:

  1. Yes! Katniss, Mac & Hermoine also made my TTT as well this week! They are just too awesome ♥ Tiger Lily, The Hallows Series & The Millennium Series are all on my reading list as well! Great choices, thanks for sharing! New follower via GFC & Twitter :)

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool that we have quite a few picks in common :)
    I really want to read Tiger Lily and the Fever series! And I'm kicking myself for forgetting about Arya - she's been getting a lot of love today, too!

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Katniss! Love her! I still been meaning to read Tiger Lily. Feel free to stop by and check out mine...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-2-favorite-kick-ass.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I didn't even think of Tiger Lily, though she certainly qualifies.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.