Thursday, November 1, 2012

October Book Club


Funny Courtesy Hello Ecard: Have a nice time at 'book club.'Hostess: Erin (Chrissy)
Book: No book read - we had a book exchange!
Food:Everyone brought something - I made vegetable soup, Jennifer brought yummy bakery bread, Chrissy brought cheese and crackers, Alyssa brought bread and dip, Jill brought cupcakes, Kelly brought her famous cheese puffs, and Mary brought chips and salsa
Month: October





Books recieved :
  • Chrissy got Swapping Lives by Jane Green from Jill
  • Jill got A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving from me
  • I got Candide by Voltaire and The Executer by Jesse Kellerman from Alyssa
  • Alyssa got A Gentleman's Honor by Stephanie Laurens from Kelly
  • Kelly got the Sex Lives of Kings from Jennifer
  • Jennifer got A Season of Miracles by Heather Graham from Mary
  • Mary got Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden from Chrissy

Nope, I did not take any photos, although I really meant to. I never ever remember to take pictures, which is unbelievable since I am always taking pictures!

This book club we did something different. It was Chrissy's month to host, but since Ocotber is the month before her wedding to my brother (which is tomorrow- November 2nd), we decided to mix things up. I had read a blog post by Sheila at Book Journey, where her book club all exchanged books. I had everyone over my house, and made it a pot luck. Then we did the same thing as Sheila, wrapping the books up, then doing a white elephant to draw a book out of the bag. We started with Chrissy, the bride-to-be, and the next person to pick was the person who had brought that book.   Everyone was excited about the books they had gotten, and interestingly, for the most part everyone received a book they had not read and really wasn't in their normal genre, which I think is cool, when people read something not usually in their wheelhouse.  I am looking forward to hearing what everyone thought of the book they got.

At about 9:00, book club became dance club in my living room!  We had started talking about the wedding and dancing, then we decided we had to practice The Time Warp, The Wobble, The Hustle, and The Cupid Shuffle, and Gangnam Style before the wedding. Lol.  It was hysterical. I am the most uncoordinated person in the world, so I should not lead these dances ever. I also learned Kelly can do the Charleston that night.  

Next book club is Kelly's, and she picked The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie. 












1 comment:

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.