Sunday, July 28, 2013

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where we share what we have read and what we are reading and see what everyone else is reading.

Read Last Week:

I am still painfully behind on reviews. I intend to work on them this week.

    

Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell: This book was interesting, but I have to admit some of it went over my head maybe. I would finish someof the stories in a state of confusion. Nevertheless, I enjoyed them.

The Host by Stephanie Meyer: This was our book club book for July. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I usually don't read alien books, and I hated Twilight. But I really loved this story!

Tidal by Amanda Hocking:  I feel so frustrated with this series! I expected resolution in this book, and didn't get it. I need to get the next one!

Reading this Week:

  


A Spear of Summer Grass by Deanna Raybourn: I just love the cover and the synopsis of this story. I am looking forward to starting it. 

Cape Cod by William Martin:  A summer fave. I own this in paperback and hardcover I just realized the other day. Lol.


2 comments:

  1. I think The Host is one of those books that people tend to love or hate. I still haven't read it yet though I did buy it when it was on sale for Kindle. I started watching the movie but still haven't finished it.

    I liked A Spear of Summer Grass though it is very different from her Lady Julia Grey series which I love. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me about 100 pages to start to like it. I had to finish it for book club, or else I probably would have abandoned it. I am glad I read it now though, I ended up liking it. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.