Monday, November 18, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Brought to you by Sheila at Book Journey!

I am late to the party today!! My laptop died yesterday, its a mess. But, in good news, I was sick last week, and my doctor gave me a shot that made me feel better for my birthday night! Last Saturday was my birthday, and I had won tickets to the opera. I was surprised to learn once we got there that I had won box seats!! We also had access to the VIP lounge, where the big money donors hang out and get free drinks during intermission! I had a great birthday, to experience such a once in a lifetime event with my husband, brother and sister in law. I will be posting about it this week if I have time.


 Me being dorky at the opera!

Read Last Week:

  


Christmas in Snowflake Canyon by RaeAnne Thayne: I got sick last week with asthmatic bronchitis, and all I wanted to do was sleep or read comfort books, which for me are Christmas romances. I ate this one up like candy!

The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman: This was our book club book for the month. It was...interesting. Not what I expected, and I enjoyed parts of it very much.


Reading this Week:

I am soooo busy this week! It is book fair week (which I am in charge of), and I have book club, and my mom is throwing me a belated birthday party too. Fun but busy! Therefore I am keeping my reading easy and fun.

Christmas on 4th Street (Fool's Gold, #12.5) Insurgent (Divergent, #2) 

Christmas on 4th Street by Susan Mallery: I received this from NetGalley. I am on a Christmas romance roll!

Insurgent by Veronica Roth: I hope this is as good as the first!


3 comments:

  1. Opera tickets, nice. Sounds like a fun way to spend a birthday. Good luck with the book fair and hope you enjoy Insurgent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy belated birthday, and I'm glad you're feeling better! I've wanted to read The Cookbook Collector for a long time now. We'll see when I finally get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I hope you are continuing to mend. I like reading comfort books when I'm sick too and I definitely agree with you about Christmas at Snowflake Canyon. Sometimes a cozy holiday romance is exactly what you need. I just finished Candlelight Christmas by Susan Wiggs which is that kind of book too.

    I hope you enjoy your reading this week. My book group meets next week and I haven't started the book yet so I will be busy with that!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.