Friday, December 27, 2013

My Favorite Books of 2013





This is always such a struggle to decide every year - I fall in love with most every book I read! These are a few of the books that really stood out to me, made an impact upon my life in some way, made me think, or I that I just was really entertained by. Click on the titles to read my review.

 In no particular order, whether new or old, here they are.


The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker - I guess I am old enough to start reading fairy tales again. I LOVED this book!


Doctor Sleep by Stephen King - Of course Stephen King is on my list.


The World's Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne: Amazing story of fortitude and will. And he is a librarian!


My Backyard Jungle by James Barilla: I loved this book!! I feel so inspired by it, and learned so much.


Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare: The perfect end to this series, IMO. 


The Mourning Hours by Paula Treick DeBoard: I was blown away by this book!


Ever After by Kim Harrison: Not only did this book rock, I met Kim Harrison as well!


Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes: I really loved this book! I never reviewed it, but I do feel a reread coming on..It is such a good story to read when it is cold out, I think.


City of Thieves by David Benioff: Holy crap was this book good. I highly recommend it!I just read it recently, and my review is upcoming.


Between Shades of Gray by Rupta Sepetys: This was the kind of book you live along with the characters, and feel their every hurt, pain, tragedy and triumph.

And this book snuck in at the last minute, breaking my heart in the process. I cried big real heaving sobs, but I loved it.



What did you read this year that knocked your socks off or inspired you or that you simply just loved?







5 comments:

  1. I am definitely bookmarking this because you've mwntioned some titles that haven't mare my radar yet, but any fan of King must have good taste. I read Ruta Sepetys Out of the Easy and it definitely made my top books of 2013, but i still need to read Between Shades of Grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Out of the Easy first as well! While I really enjoyed it, Between Shades of Grey killed me. It was so good.

      And thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Great list. I really enjoyed Doctor Sleep, too. It was a good year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received Between Shades of Gray and downloaded Doctor Sleep, so I'm excited to see those on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list, I want to read Between Shades of Grey

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.