Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Confessions

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Today's topic is Bookish Confessions! 

1. If I don't like a book after 15 pages, I usually don't finish it. Sometimes I will go back to it at a later date and try again, but most of the time I don't.


2. I don't mind reading books in a series out of order. This weirds everyone out that I know.



3.  Sometimes classics or literary fiction that is being hailed as the second coming..bores me. Or I don't get why everyone raved about it. 



4.  I will write in my books if I like something written there. I hear a lot of people think this is a big no-no.


5. When I travel, I take at least 4 books with me, even if it is for just a night.

6.  Even though I spent a whole month telling the kids at my school to not judge a book by it's cover, I occasionally do it too. 

7.  There are days when I get sucked into a book and don't stop reading it until it is done. These are good days.


8. I don't always finish a book series or trilogy. 

9.  I blog best in the morning.

10.  I don't understand people who don't read, they don't like reading, and tell me they throw their books away after reading them. I just don't get it! 



6 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    My own two brothers give their books away after doing their book reports for school. It boggles my mind!!! In Jean Webster's Daddy-Long-Legs, Judy says that she wants to keep all her college books forever, as a record of her education. I want to keep all my books as a record of my life!

    Now you've got to spill on #3! ;-) I love hearing contrary opinions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Lol. I am such a rereader that it is painful for me to part with books. And you are right, books are a record of our life! :)

      Some classic novels I really enjoy - but some, ugh. I feel bad saying that, and I know it is probably just me, but I tried to read Main Street and Winesburg, Oh, and I just can't. :( Also, everyone was talking about how they loved The Interestings last year, but I hated it! Lol.

      Delete
    2. +JMJ+

      If it makes you feel any better, I haven't even heard of those books! I guess the people around us can turn up the pressure when it comes to reading. I'm the only one of my friends who doesn't like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and they still think I'm weird for it! =P

      Delete
  2. I NEED TO DO THE 15 PAGE THING! Caps! That's how desperately I need to adhere to that rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! I know right? I figure if a book doesn't instantly capture me I don't want to read it. I am capricious like that. Lol.

      Delete
  3. I am more focused in the morning. I don't know why though! I am not a morning person. I can only guess that it is because by evening I am going a million different directions, and I move a little more slowly in the morning? I don't know. Lol.

    LOL! Yeah. I mean, I only write in mine. And only my favorites really. I read something once about this topic. I have doing it forever, and I wish I would have saved this article (I saw it a few months ago) where they talked about the interaction of readers with books when they underline or make notes in the margins. My friends all borrowed my copy of TFIOS, and loved my little underlines and comments. :)

    But I know for sure that it is frowned on more often than not. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.