Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Witch with No Name Book Signing with Kim Harrison

On Devil's Night, Kim Harrison fans were out in force at Nicola's Books in Ann Arbor for the last book signing of the last book in The Hollow series. I was one of these fans, along with my good friend Mary.

Attending this book signing every year is a fun tradition for us. We look forward to it like crazy, and none more than this year, albeit it was bittersweet to have to say goodbye to these beloved characters.

Things were different this year. Nicola's closed their store for an hour to set up, and when they reopened, only those fans who had called and reserved a ticket were allowed in. Tickets were also limited to 300.

I am an early bird, while Mary tends to be of the late sort. I really wanted to be one of the first in line, so I rounded her up early and off we went. We did end up getting there early enough that we were the second in line, which made me happy. We had a game plan - get in line early, and then after we got our tickets at the door one of us would head directly to the seating area and grab our seats, while the other deposited our donation of tomatoes. Kim Harrison had requested canned good donations for this event, that were to be given to the Ann Arbor food bank. Mary being the generous, big-hearted person she is, brought 3 flats of canned goods. I unfortunately couldn't help her carry much, being pregnant, but we found a cart to keep them in while we were in line. It worked out though, I just became the seat saver to her canned good giver.

This year, they had fun activities planned us. There was a wine tasting, snacks, a temporary tattoo station that gave away the pack tattoo, skits from the book, and a costume contest. I didn't dress up, but Mary went as Maria Gonzalez, Sr. Editor of the Hollows Gazette. I thought it was very clever, but she didn't win. There were some really great costumes!


After the festivities and a short question and answer, it was time for the signing. We all had line numbers, so it was just a matter of waiting our turn. I of course always turn into a weirdo, and get so starstruck that I am speechless when it was my turn - this time was no exception. All in all, we had a fabulous time. We are going to have to read her new series, just so we can attend her future book signings. They are always so much fun!


A group shot of us. We were told to say "The Hollows", and then the picture was snapped on the last syllable, accounting for our strange expressions.

Previous Kim Harrison Book Signing Posts:
Ever After
The Undead Pool


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to have such a fun experience. I haven't read any of her books but even I would have enjoyed that evening. Thanks for sharing it, we can live vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have a great time! They really make it fun for the attendees. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.