Monday, February 22, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

  

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date 

I don't have too much to say today about our week last week - it was just one of those weeks, where thankfully not much happens and you just go about your business of living and being a family and doing all the things that need to be done. Saturday is worth mentioning however just for the weather! We had a sunny day in the mid-60s right smack in the middle of February- what the heck! It was awesome but so crazy.

We also saw Deadpool yesterday - I loved it!! It is pretty graphic but hilarious.

And Harper Lee...so sad.

“Real courage is when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.” 
― Harper LeeTo Kill a Mockingbird


Read Last Week:

I didn't stick to my plan! A bunch of my library holds came in and I couldn't settle on a book until Thursday. I just kept hopscotching around, reading a little of this, a little of that. I finally ended up sticking with this one:


The Final Reveille by Amanda Flower: The first book in the Living History Mystery series. It wasn't too bad - I didn't like it as much as I liked the second book in the series, The Final Tap, but I did enjoy it. I am just all about the cozy mysteries and thrillers this winter!

Reading This Week:

I am not sure! It will be something from this lineup, I do know that. Or maybe just some from both! 

  

Hope Unfolding by Becky Thompson: From Blogging from Books.


The Long Read:

Still reading Oregon Trail and loving it! I actually want to try to finish it this week - make that final push to the end!


Posted Last Week:



What about all of you? Read anything good, do anything fun?

10 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice if uneventful week. Those are just what is needed sometimes. Nothing stressful or busy. I enjoyed the unseasonably warm weather over the weekend too. I'm sad to say goodbye to it! At least the original forecast for snow has lowered from 6-10 inches to 1-3! And it is supposed to be 50 on Wednesday. Crazy weather but I won't complain!

    It was sad news about Harper Lee. I heard that another literary great, Umberto Eco, died this past week too. I never did read The Name of the Rose though it is supposed to be really good.

    I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to read this week. I deviated from my planned list last week too and I wouldn't be surprised if I did that this week as well. I do have some review books I need to read but I'm not in the mood for them yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't have mentioned it out in the open like that - this week has been a nightmare! Lol. Well, not that bad but definitely much crazier. Today we are having crazy big snow - it's pretty but not great for those who have to drive in it. :(

      Umberto Eco too? I haven't read him either although my one friend has told me to numerous times!

      Delete
  2. Saturday was a trip. Couldn't believe how warm it was but it was awesome. The waves were really rolling in on Lake Michigan and chunks of ice were washing up- kinda cool. :) Everyone seems to be seeing Deadpool, and it all seems to be positive. Glad to hear it's good.

    Pretty baby looks good, I've seen that one around a lot and I'm curious. I've been mostly watching shows this week but I did get some reading in- finished one and made great progress on another, so things are looking up that way lol. Have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that warmth was the calm before the snowstorm apparently. Lol. It is really coming down over here!

      Deadpool was awesome!!!! It was not kid friendly like other superhero movies, but I think that is ok too sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a great week and some ohana time. Deadpool I notice is getting popular. There was a colorway named after it at the knitting convention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to look up what a colorway is! Lol.

      It was a great week - I guess it was the prelude to this week!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a good week.

    ENJOY this week of reading.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy real living history museums, having visited some in Massachusetts, New York, and Florida as well as loving short term Renaissance Faires and Irish Fests. Would you recommend this series overall? I've never heard of it but looks intriguing. Enjoy your week and hope you find a good book to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too - I think that is a major reason I like these books. Greenfield Village is one such museum about 15 miles from me and we spend a ton of time there, year round.

      As far as recommending this book - hmm. I hesitate to say yes in case you don't like it! Then I would feel badly. Lol. I thought this book was a fun read, I enjoyed it, it took my mind off some things that were bothering me - it is great escapist fiction, but not the best written, if that makes sense. That being said, I actually really did like them. The first book I feel like the author was definitely feeling her way around - it dragged on a bit. I really did like the second book much better.

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.