Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Book Review: The Illustrated Compendium of Amazing Animal Facts

Title: The Illustrated Compendium of Amazing Animal Facts
Author: Maja Safstrom
Source: Blogging for Books

Goodreads Summary:

An artfully playful collection of unexpected and remarkable facts about animals, illustrated by Swedish artist Maja Säfström. 

Did you know that an octopus has three hearts? Or that ostriches can't walk backward? These and many more fascinating and surprising facts about the animal kingdom (Bees never sleep! Starfish don't have brains!) are illustrated with whimsical detail in this charming collection.


My Thoughts:

This book was a delight!! I had a blast reading through all the facts and perusing the wonderful, quirky, fun illustrations. I also shared it with my husband and one year old son, and they both enjoyed it as well. I am guessing about my son's opinion, but based on his squeals and patting at the pictures he seemed to like it.

A few examples of what you may find between the pages:







This is a quick, short, little book to flip through and check out the accompanying illustrations. It was a cute way to learn some new trivia that I can amaze and astonish my friends with, including the fact that penguin poop in some parts of Antarctica can be be seen from space, or that swifts can fly nonstop for 6 months! This book will definitely boost your trivia knowledge, and keep you entertained. 

For more information or to see more of Safstrom's work, follow these links!


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

4 comments:

  1. Fun book! Bees don't sleep? Who knew (I didn't). And penguins laugh when they're tickled? That's awesome... I can see this being a nice gift book for family members. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun little read, gave me a few laughs even. The penguin fact I think is my favorite that I learned. I just picture whoever finding that out going crazy and tickling penguins like crazy. Lol.

      Delete
  2. I've added this book..This is something me and my girls would enjoy. I knew that otter fact from following the Harry Potter board on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really fun! I had a few laughs over it, and learned some things too. I think it will be a nice little read with your girls!

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.