Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Sunday Post/It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

  

Check out the The Caffeinated Book Review for the Sunday Post
It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date!

We had unseasonably beautiful weather all week, ending in a 70 degree day on Friday. We tried to take as much advantage of it as we could. By Saturday though, a cold wind had blown in again, bringing with it snow flurries - which is actually good! This is maple syrup season for Michigan, and the warm weather threatened this industry, as it the sap needs warm days and cold nights to flow. We actually went to a Maple Sugar event at our local Metro Park on Saturday, and I learned so much about the process. My cousin has also been having a monthly potluck with the family, and we did that Saturday night. It was fun hanging out, eating and having a drink or two. 

We also had book club this week - I loved seeing my friends. We had so much to say it seemed like, that time just flew!



Read Last Week:

  

A Million Little Things by Susan Mallery: I enjoyed this light read this week, and I loved the character Jen. Review soon.

Hello, Bicycle: The weather this week reminded me that I still needed to read and review this book! It was very informative and well-written, look for my review very soon!

Reading This Week:



I am thinking about this one this week ~ but I am going to the library tomorrow, so this may change..

Watching:

Riverdale, Top Chef, The Path, Supernatural, The Mick


How about you? What are you up to?







16 comments:

  1. I LOVE maple syrup, and if it has to be cold for the syrup producers I'm okay with that. Although I did enjoy the nice weather- we almost hit 70 on Wednesday but then Thur and Fri were cooler, and we got some snow too.

    Yay Riverdale! I've been watching Big Little Lies too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Lol. I can deal with it a little bit longer. :)

      Hmm, we haven't watched that one yet. We will have to check it out!

      Delete
  2. Here in Maryland it's been warm for a couple weeks. However, today it was fairly chilly outside. I guess we need to take advantage of the warm weather because who knows how long it will last.
    http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/its-monday-what-are-you-reading5017806

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's hard to remember that it is still winter! March is right around the corner and usually has some cold weather days, particularly here.

      Delete
  3. Great to see us both crossing over on a couple of books! As I just finished the audio of the Bivald book as well. Yes loved the Mallery book, I was a bit surprised at Pam there getting her knickers in a knot, but I guess the mother going into bat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh me too!!! I was so surprised by that!! And to think that her ire extended to even stepchildren, already born. It just seemed so crazy. But I guess you are right, it was mothering kicked into high gear lol!!

      Delete
  4. The maple sugar event sounds so interesting. One of Susan Mallery's books has the protagonist from a maple sugar producing family. It was neat to read about. I walked 3.05 miles today and made spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker that will be ready later. I boiled pasta for tonight so when we come home from class, I can reheat and throw everything together. The tween made some new cookie dough that will be baked off tomorrow. I sanitized after her. The little one did her homework and is playing. We will be off to hip hop soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! I will have to look for that book, thanks for the heads up!

      I need to get out and walking more now that the weather is getting nicer. I still need to lose this baby weight! Ugh. :( It sounds like you had a lovely evening!!

      Delete
  5. I like the look of Abigale Hall. My reading plans often change after a visit to the library. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the library had some hits! I will be reading something else this week - I found The Turn by Kim Harrison and Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham. I already started the The Turn. :)

      Delete
  6. Interesting picks this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Hello, Bicycle" sounds interesting. Looking forward to your review.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fun to drive roads and see the buckets on trees collecting sap. I was surprised to learn how much sap it takes to make syrup. I am looking forward to the Susan Mallery book. Today we have snow flurries after experiencing sunny 54 yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pure maple syrup. While I am enjoying the warmer winter we've had I hope it doesn't impact things too much. We are back to cold weather again but we have some warmer weather in the forecast next week.

    Glad you are enjoying book group. It can be a lot of fun. My book groups met this past Tuesday but unfortunately for me I hadn't finished the books.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.